A kitchen remodel should represent 10 to 20 percent of your home's value.
Add style with lighting, tile and hardware. Granite is resistant to stains, but a sealant should be applied to minimize absorption.
Stainless steel is the most sanitary of the major kitchen materials.
Cabinets typically amount to half the cost of a kitchen remodel.
Remodeling your kitchen is one of the best investments you can make in your home. Survey indicates that you can recoup 88% of your investment in a minor kitchen remodeling.
kitchen island = 32" minimum space between cabinets. 42" is preferred
Preserve the "triangle" design - sink, refrigerator and stove
6 Remodeling Mistakes to Avoid
1. Measure Properly for appliances: Width, Hight and Depth
2. Evaluate Cabinet Strength: Wiggle the drawer a little bit; Put on a little weight while you push them close;
3. Take samples home with you: Play, throw some wine on it
4. Order Attic Stock: extra material that you keep on hand
5. Think about your sink: One sink don't do all, one for food prep another for cleaning
6. Work with a professional
Tile Installer, guitar player, universe explorer.